Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

Moment in time-Cross country

Waiting for the right moment to….GO!!! Sir shouted as all of the boys in the race ran there hardest. As soon as we started to run someone instantly fell over which gave everyone else a major advantage also it was quite funny. So far the only person in front of me was Tawa but Frano quickly caught up claiming 2nd place to himself, at least my brother Jordyn was cheering me on. Running up those steep grassy hills really drained my energy and I could tell that the others felt tired as well.


Halfway through the course, feeling quite dehydrated and puffing quite frequently while in front of me was my brother-in-law Harding on the buggy cheering me on as he guided all of us through the uneven track. I tried my hardest to overtake the two contestants in front of me but I just couldn’t so I used the rest of my energy to boost to the finish line. Everyone was cheering at the runners while most of them (including me) had just crossed the finish line.


 Frano had just beat me while Tawa had come 1st, and I came 3rd...AMAZING!!! Also, it was my 2nd time coming in the 10 too. All the participants were very relieved after all of that pain and exhaustion so they (most of them) collapsed gleefully. Thank goodness I wore my lucky PlayStation branded socks today.


1 comment:

  1. What a great piece of writing Lyrik. You done very well at cross country as well as all the other students. I bet u guys were all very exhausted.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.