Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

steam reflections




In Term 3, the students have been continuing their STEAM learning using the STEAM Electronics kits. They have been learning how to block code using the program Snap4Arduino. The purpose of this learning has been for the students to control one or more LED lights on an electronic arduino board using code. Each week the coding expectation increased and the students showed perseverance in achieving success

1.what was I learning and why?  
I was learning mainly how to code.How
to use arduino and the breadboard and 
finally how you make LEDs fade on, off or
alternatively.

2. What did I do well and how do I know?
I did awesome at make a LED fade on
and off. I know this because whaea Deb
and myself figured it out where the last
piece of code was.
3. What challenged me ……?
The bit where we had to make 
the led go on and off.Plus the time where we were making
two LEDs flash alternatively boy that was tricky



4.What would I do differently next time to make my learning more successful ….. ?
Well I was really successful at it but when it came to the time when we had to make 
LEDs go on and off alternatively.So next 
time I will start to focus on making alternative LEDs

 

5. What have I enjoyed about the learning?
everything! there was absolutely nothing
I disliked at all!
          

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lyrik,
    My name is Yvette from Tautoro School. Coding is fun from my experiment. I'm out of words now so bye blog you later! By the way check out my blog that still needs postings!
    https://tsyvettew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyrik, my name is Sweyde from Tautoro School. I think that this project you have is amazing because you are making this project with a circut board and a LED light and the connectors. We learnt about electricity and circuits earlier in the year, but I think we're developing our knowledge more this term. Did you use switches? Anyway blog you later. - Sweyde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah we didn't use switches we used cromebooks

      Delete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.